At ICC Sydney, we're committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations, working with our partners and clients to facilitate sustainable events.
As part of a recognised Green Precinct, awarded 6 stars under the Green Building Council of Australia’s Green Star Communities certification, and with a Gold LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, ICC Sydney hosts a raft of key sustainability features. In 2020 ICC Sydney received the Silver EarthCheck certification and won the international UFI Sustainable Development Award for our outstanding initiatives.
Through an industry leading partnership with Sydney Water to decrease bottled water consumption and a partnership with Mathew Talbot Hostel to produce and donate nutritious meals for homeless men, ICC Sydney is also demonstrating its commitment to reducing waste and supporting communities in need.
Make your visit more environmentally friendly
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into the appropriate waste recycling stream bin – you'll find these colourful bins throughout our venue.
- Consider taking public transport, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on petrol and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn off taps when you’re finished – let us know if you spot any leaks.
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need.
- Consider walking or cycling via one of the many inner city routes. More information is available at: www.sydneycycleways.net
Energy and Emissions
We're committed to reducing energy consumption and, in turn, limit greenhouse gas emissions.
On our roof you will find a 520 kilowatt (KWh) photovoltaic (PV) array, the largest in any Australian Central Business District (CBD) which powers approximately 5% of the baseload electricity for ICC Sydney.
Our highly efficient Central Energy Plant (CEP) maximises energy usage by operating at lower capacity, enabling individual chillers across the system to work at optimum levels.
ICC Sydney's carpark lights will soon be replaced with LED, improving energy efficiency and environmental performance.
Our waste management strategies, guided by the refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, recover methodology, are critical to the achievement of targets to reduce waste tonnage year on year and divert 75% of waste from landfill.
Through a collaborative partnership with Sydney Water, ICC Sydney have removed the use of bottled water from all meeting rooms, instead serving Sydney tap water in reusable vessels. Clients can also leverage the partnership, via portable water stations for events in the Exhibition Halls.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Learn how we help foster community engagement, environmental sustainability and economic development.
Explore ways in which our clients can support the community and the environment through our Legacy Program.