SUCCESS HAPPENS HERE
Situated at the intersection of Sydney’s academic, cultural and technology precincts, International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) affords delegates, exhibitors and visitors convenient access to Australia’s most cosmopolitan city. The emerging financial, dining and retail precinct of Barangaroo is nearby; there are numerous galleries, theatres and concert halls within easy reach; and the bustling city centre is only a short walk away.
Managed by a uniquely talented team, ICC Sydney is well placed to deliver extraordinary experiences every time. Whether you are organising a convention for thousands or a more intimate corporate event, our team will go out of their way to deliver a truly memorable event.
But ICC Sydney is more than a landmark venue. ICC Sydney functions as an incubator for ideas, a champion of change and an advocate for community. Through our Legacy Program, we give clients the opportunity to contribute to the city’s cultural capital—and advance the social and sustainability objectives of their events—in real and meaningful ways.
One venue. Three exceptional buildings. ICC Sydney comprises a Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre – all state-of-the-art structures designed to house everything from rock concerts to global summits where world leaders can connect and shape the future. Situated at the intersection of Sydney’s academic, cultural and technology precincts, ICC Sydney affords delegates, exhibitors and visitors convenient access to Australia’s most cosmopolitan city.
The Convention Centre is the business end of the venue. This is where you’ll find the world’s best minds exploring bold, new ideas. With sweeping views of the city, theatres of different sizes seating up to 8,000 people and brand-new ballrooms – this is a venue built to host the most ambitious of conferences.
- Internal access to all facilities across the venue.
- Australia’s largest ballroom opens to spectacular water and city views from the top floor.
- Seating 2000 in banquet mode or more than 2800 in cocktail mode.
- 2400sqm of multipurpose event space which can be used for exhibitions, adding to an additional 32,600sqm in the exhibition halls = 35,000sqm.
- World class dining across diverse banqueting choices.
- Speakers Preparation Centre equipped with best in class ICT infrastructure and rehearsal rooms.
- Backstage areas for speakers and performers
- Business suites feature dedicated support services.
- Digital Media Suite providing full service editing and media creation support.
Connected to the Convention Centre by a concourse, visitors will find the unparalleled Exhibition Centre. Wander through vast halls filled with art, science or fascinating displays on any number of themes. Standing out from the competition in terms of size, style and features, this space gives you room to inspire visitors and bring ideas to life.
- Level 1 halls: 19,000sqm of space with pillars on a 27-metre grid.
- Level 4 halls: 13,600sqm of pillarless space.
- Concourse on Level 2 provides internal links from the convention and exhibition areas and Aware Super Theatre.
- Direct access from the upper halls to the 5000sqm open-air event deck featuring an outdoor lounge and bar area. Sydney skyline views across Tumbalong Park.
- Purpose-built registration and ticketing areas for each hall.
- Generous loading dock areas capable of accepting multiple semi-trailer vehicles.
- 9m x 9m rigging grid with a 2.5 tonne point load capacity.
- Fully interconnecting services within the exhibition floor for power, data, water and waste provides for flexible access.
- Digital signage throughout the venue and precinct.
- 20kPa floor loading.
The Aware Super Theatre undoubtedly ranks among the world’s best. Crowds have seen performances by the greatest international musicians and laughed their way through comedy sets by the funniest people on the planet.
Bob Dylan, Stevie Nicks and Seinfeld have all chosen ICC Sydney as their venue of choice. The 9,000-seat theatre has quickly established itself as a venue for iconic performances.
- Seamless connectivity for large conventions of up to 8000 people.
- Maximum capacity for 9000 guests when the theatre floor is in general admission mode.
- Sophisticated reception rooms and foyers available for corporate events and entertaining.
- Ultramodern design and audiovisual technology.
- Back of house facilities, including 2 chorus rooms, 8 dressing rooms and a green room.
The location of ICC Sydney adds so much to an already impressive destination.
Situated right in the heart of Sydney, the CBD and financial districts are just a stone’s throw away to the east. South of the venue you’ll find a thriving tech precinct and university campuses. The area directly surrounding ICC Sydney has been beautifully revamped. Green parkland sits beside bars and restaurants, and retail stores and luxury apartments nestle up to opulent hotels. This is everything Sydney’s CBD has to offer, all in one thriving enclave.
The revitalisation of Darling Harbour includes a new 590-room luxury hotel, Sofitel Darling Harbour, modern residential and commercial developments and a new pedestrian boulevard connecting the waterfront back to Central Station.
After a concert, conference or exhibition, visitors will be able to stroll through the re-imagined Tumbalong Park or back to the lights and activity of Sydney’s laneways, discussing their incredible experience at ICC Sydney.