ICC Sydney activates virtual solution for medical conference
06 September 2021
ICC Sydney set in motion the digital event scenario that was built into early event plans to activate a seamless transition of the Pathology Update from a hybrid event, complete with keynote speakers, workshops, breakout sessions and exhibition content, to a 100% virtual experience.
CEO Geoff Donaghy said the venue’s ability to remain open to provide these important services to the community was of great benefit and would enrich the medical profession and the knowledge economy for years to come.
“The ongoing flow of information to association members, business and all organisations is arguably ever-more important during a crisis and I couldn’t be more proud of the team for their detailed scenario planning and now exceptional delivery of Pathology Update 2021,’ Donaghy said.
“The detailed planning of the conference and exhibition allowed ICC Sydney to transform the event from hybrid to 100% virtual in just 48 hours,” he said.
By designing its event resourcing with ‘dual purpose’ roles, when all 180 presenters moved from on-site to virtual, ICC Sydney moved its service delivery model from an on-site support model through the Speakers preparation room to a virtual support model via an online concierge service.
The experienced team is supported by a digital event platform, ICC Sydney Connect, which uses a secure portal to manage event registration, program management, sponsorship and marketing, engagement tools and insights, and of course the ability to dial in to a large speaker cohort.
“From the outset, we selected ICC Sydney to help us plan a ‘what if’ scenario for Pathology Update 2021. We have a multifaceted program that required expert coordination and a tried and tested innovative virtual event solution and to this end, ICC Sydney has been central to the successful delivery of our event once again. We are delighted that by taking the event to a virtual model this year, it has allowed exciting new lines of enquiry and thinking across pathology disciplines to take place,” said Graves.
Key event delivery statistics:
- 180 speakers moved from in-person to virtual
- Virtual audience of 1,220 medical and health professionals across the nation
- Online Concierge Service replaced in-person Speakers Preparation room
- 30 ICC Sydney team members on-site to run the event
- Event run to current health restrictions under the guidance of ICC Sydney’s internal COVID Safe Taskforce and ICC Sydney’s EventSafe Operating Guide, based on parent company, ASM Global’s worldwide Venue Shield program
- ICC Sydney Connect digital event platform provides a seamless integration of the event experience by powering a secure portal to manage event registration, program management, sponsorship and marketing opportunities, engagement tools and insights, and of course the ability to dial in a large speaker cohort.